Adding a video section to your community can be the beginning of great discussions and valuable content for your site. It can also improve your SEO. Read a quick explanation of how to use curated YouTube video content on your community.
See an example, of what the video section can look like in your community. You can submit videos from any resource. To make it easier for your users, the title, and thumbnail images are filled in automatically.
If you would like to have the video description field to pull the information from YouTube, you need to add the YouTube API key in AdminCP.
You can allow your community's users to suggest new videos, set them to be pre-moderated, and add a nice description before publishing. Allow your user to participate as much as possible. Encourage them to submit by giving points, awards, reactions.
- The latest version of Invision Community
- Pages app included in your IPS license (if you are an IPS Cloud customer, you have it)
- The latest version of FX Pages installed
- Sample database for videos, used in the video tutorial below
- Strong desire to get ready fast :)
Follow the video guide to add a video section to your community.
Features and support
Check the FX Pages features to discover what is built-in.