Starting a community is relatively simple technically, and there is no special knowledge you require quite from the beginning. Except of choosing a niche and a name.
The first steps are:
- recognizing that you should have at least intermediate knowledge in the niche
- ensuring that you have long-term interest for the subject
- learning the difference between a social media group and own community
- buying a domain and signing up with community platform of your choice
- configuring the platform the way is suits your needs
- setting up legal pages
- installing add-ons and analytics you need
- inviting first community members to participate
- getting tips and tutorials on how to make money with community
Once you actually start your community and promote it on social media, that's where it gets a little tricky, but you learn as you go!